I generally avoid muffins because they're either crazy unhealthy or hard, dry, tasteless hockey pucks. Not these, m'friends. Not these. These were so good, I didn’t even have time to take a photo of them before they were all gobbled up. Next time I’m definitely doubling the recipe.
This recipe was inspired by/adapted from this recipe on Elana’s Pantry blog (one of my favs, highly recommend checking her out for some seriously fabulous recipes).
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 bananas
- Ener-G Egg Replacer Equivalent of 3 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 4 carrots
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup apples
- Blend dates, bananas, egg replacer, vinegar, and oil in a food processor. Set aside.
- Finely chop carrots, almonds, and apples in a food processor. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Add date-banana mixture into dry mixture and stir completely.
- Fold in chopped carrot-apple mixture and raisins.
- Put mixture in lined muffin pan. Fill to the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
Makes 12 muffins