Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your DIY Mexican Season Blend. (A little aside: You don't want to ever use those pre-mixed packets. They have funky stuff in them and can even illicit an allergic response in people with asthma or food sensitivities. Besides, great spices taste much better and of course, are better for you. Here's where I order my organic spices for 1/2 off what you see them listed in the health foods store.)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Add Mexican Season Blend to one can of coconut milk. Add in the juice of 2 limes. (One drop of lime essential oil would also be amazing in here!) Blend with immersion blender.
- Wash head of cauliflower and remove he leaves and thick stem from the bottom.
- Place cauliflower on baking dish.
- Brush cauliflower with organic olive oil.
- Brush cauliflower with half of coconut-lime-spice mixture.
- Place cauliflower, uncovered in preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes (It will be browned and soft when you poke a fork in when it's finished.)
- Take half of the remaining coconut milk mixture and heat it in a pan until it's slightly warm. You can thicken it up with a bit of gluten free flour or cornstarch if you'd like. This will be your dipping sauce.
Bonus: Make a mini amount of the dipping sauce with the other half of the remaining coconut milk mixture, add a bit more lime juice, and a dash of olive oil to make a matchy-matchy dressing for a side salad.
I pinned more healthy cauliflower recipes for you here (Oh...and one of them is for cheesecake...using cauliflower. Yes, I said cheesecake.)
You'll notice some of the recipes I pinned have dairy. But if you're dairy-free it's no problem at all. Substitute Daiya Cheese and Earth's Balance Dairy Free Butter to make any recipe friendly to the non-dairy crowd (I'm looking at you, Spring Detox Group!)